Wondering what to get your favorite triathlete or what else to add to your holiday wish list? Balance Triathlon Training has hand-selected these cool finds. https://www.pinterest.com/balancedtri/2015-triathlete-holiday-gift-list/
I am so excited to announce the official Balanced Triathlon Training gear is in production! The sizing kits are in so check your email about a time/place to try them on. In the meantime, check out the 3-D rendering of the men’s and women’s tri tops! Thanks so much to Chris Webster at Chris Webster Design for her work in designing the layout and to Kelly Ramm for her work on the logo. Click here to view and enter OH.BTT in the account ID box.
Triathlete Holiday Gift Guide- Wondering what to get your favoriate triathlete or what else to add to your holiday wish list? Balance Triathlon Training has hand-selected these cool finds. http://pinterest.com/balancedtri/triathlete-gifts/
Balanced Triathlon Training is committed to helping each individual athlete reach his or her goals. This past season, Balanced Triathlon Training athletes have seen incredible improvements and achievements. They have gone from non-swimmers to Ironman finishers. They have set Personal Records over multiple distances. They have achieved their goals. Continue reading
Congratulations to Jeanne on qualifying for her second national championship this season! Jeanne has not only qualified for the USAT Age Group Nationals in Burlington, VT, but she has also qualified for the 5i50 HyVee US Championship in Des Moines, IA and improved her Olympic triathlon PR by 24 minutes! To achieve these goals, Jeanne and her coach, Kathy, worked to develop a balanced training plan and goals for each of her races this season. Jeanne’s dedication to training, hard work, and race execution earned her the right to compete in both these national championship races. Continue reading
1. You’ll benefit your heart. Regular cardiovascular exercise will cut your risk of developing heart disease in half.
2. You’ll increase your chances of living longer. Research at Harvard University found that people who burnt 2,000 calories extra per week through exercise lived 1-2 years longer than people who burnt only 500 extra per week.
3. It can help you manage your weight. Regular training will burn calories and increase your metabolism.
4. You’re less likely to get injured. Muscles take 48 hours to recover after a training session and triathletes train different muscles on different days.
5. It’s a great stress buster! Repetitive, rhythmic exercises such as swimming, biking, and running act like “moving meditation”.
It was great to meet so many of you tonight at the MIT/COTT Information session tonight. I hope you had the chance to process all the great information presented. There were a lot of very knowledgeable and experienced people there. Many of you stopped by and asked questions about the swim leg of the triathlon. If you have more questions, were too shy to ask, or would like to setup a swim evaluation and lessons, please fill out the my contact form and I will get back to you within 1-2 days.